This is a short video by Richard Carlton about the timekeeping functions added to Starting Point as of V4.3.
Some things to consider should you want to build (or modify ) a robust timekeeping and/or time tracking database of your own:
- Use Global fields or a script to set the start time and the end time into fields that are locked to regular users
- Allow for clocking in and out multiple times per day
- Allow users to assign their time to projects or project tasks for each segment
- Allow plenty of room for notes about work accomplished
- Allow for a list of to-do’s or project tasks with due dates, notes, and the ability to notify other team members, if necessary