Connecting FileMaker to Web Apps
Ibrahim Bittar presented at FileMaker DevCon 2017 on a topic that should be of interest to all FileMaker developers: connecting FileMaker to web apps:
The video details what is involved, how to connect, and walks you through the process. There is a free FileMaker Example database set up to connect to Producteev. a free project management online database – one I have been using for years. I like this.
Here is what you will learn in this video:
- The Basics of JSON syntax
- How oAuth2 works – from a practical point of view
- Use of cURL to send and retrieve data from a web application (cURL is very powerful)
- FileMaker scripting and calculation tips
- Free FileMaker example file
Jump in and take a look. It’s hard the first time, but gets easier as you do more (just like anything else).