Software Update: FileMaker Server 13.0v5 | FileMaker
FYI – Filemaker released FileMaker Server 13.0v5. The big news is it provides support for Yosemite.
Here are the details:
This software updates versions 13.0v3 and 13.0v4 of FileMaker Server to version 13.0v5. If you are running version 13.0v1 or 13.0v2, you must first update to at least version 13.0v3 before applying this update. For instructions on running the updater, see “Updater Instructions” below.
FileMaker Server 13.0v5 includes security updates, updates to third-party components, and bug fixes.
FileMaker Server 13.0v5 also adds support for OS X Yosemite version 10.10. Follow the instructions for OS X 10.10 installation below.
- Installers and updaters are digitally signed for installation on OS X 10.9 and 10.10.
- Added support for additional security certificates from supported SSL vendors. See FileMaker Knowledge Base answer 11413 .
- Addressed an issue that could have allowed a man-in-the-middle attack to force FileMaker Server to use a less secure cipher.
- (OS X) Disabled SSL 3.0 in the Apache web server used by FileMaker Server. SSL 3.0 has a known man-in-the-middle attack vulnerability referred to as “Padding Oracle on Downgraded Legacy Encryption” (POODLE).
- Addressed an issue where configuration files could be accessed from remote machines.
- Because of a possible security exposure, the XML and PHP web publishing technologies are disabled by default. To enable these technologies, you should have a valid digital certificate installed. If you do not have your own signed certificate or if you are using the standard FileMaker certificate, then do not enable these technologies.
- Enhanced the security of browser cookie settings for FileMaker WebDirect.
- Updates to third-party components listed below contain security enhancements and fixes.
- Updates to third-party components
- FileMaker Server 13.0v5 includes updates to the following third-party components:
- Java 7 version 71. Note: If you have an unsupported version of Java installed, uninstall it before running the updater software. See FileMaker Knowledge Base answer 13465 .
- Tomcat Apache version 7.0.55
- PHP 5.5.16 for Windows, PHP 5.5.14 for OS X Yosemite version 10.10, PHP 5.4.24 for OS X Mavericks version 10.9, and PHP 5.3.28 for OS X Mountain Lion version 10.8
- OpenSSL 1.0.1i
- Addressed an issue where a server would not be listed in the FileMaker Pro Upload to Server dialog box if the server was not hosting any open files.
- Addressed an issue where using the Send Mail [Send via SMTP server] script step within a server-side script could generate an incorrect time.
- Addressed an issue in Custom Web Publishing where a PHP edit command could fail because the pre-validation setting was enabled in Admin Console.
- Addressed an issue where Custom Web Publishing would return an error while performing a find request if the request contained an invalid invisible character.
- Addressed an issue in FileMaker WebDirect where the OnObjectSave script trigger attached to a pop-up menu with a value list could cause an infinite loop.
- Addressed an issue where, if the status toolbar was hidden when a FileMaker WebDirect solution was opened, the status toolbar flickered.
- Addressed an issue in FileMaker Server Admin Console related to how panes resize when the browser window is resized.
More…FileMaker 13 Server Update 13.0v5