Learn Basics of FileMaker Custom Web Publishing (CWP)
THERE’S A NEW FILEMAKER BLOG in town! Kudos to David Nahodyl of Bluefeather Group for jumping into blogging., His first post is all about Custom Web Publishing (CWP). CWP is a lot for most FileMaker developers to bite off unless they have prior programming experience with mysql, php, etc. It’s not just the programming, however. The setup process is a bit complex and overwhelming for the novice. David sheds some light:
The purpose of this lesson is to create a simple PHP page that will make a connection to a FileMaker database hosted on FileMaker Server and pull information that will be displayed as HTML on a webpage. This will help you get started with the basics of using FileMaker Custom Web Publishing
- Configure FileMaker Server for CWP access
- Configure the database for CWP access
- Create a PHP file which will read data from a database and display the result on a web page
- Search for a record and display data from the found record
- Mix HTML and PHP
- Admin access to FileMaker Server
- Text editor or a PHP IDE (Integrated Development Environment)
- Web server with PHP installed
There are plenty of links to follow and lots to learn. Dig in!
More…Introduction to FileMaker Custom Web Publishing (CWP) | Blue Feather – FileMaker Developer, Android, Web.
More links about Custom Web Publishing