TROI’S POWERFUL ACTIVATOR PLUGIN IS NOW FM 13 COMPATIBLE. I like the ability to activate a script on a remote computer.
Activator Plug-in 3.5.2
Ever wanted to tell other users you changed an appointment or ask someone to get out of a record? Now you can with Troi Activator Plug-in!
The Activator is a very powerful tool for triggering scripts across the network, even over the Internet!
Runs with FileMaker Pro 10, 11, 12 and 13
Troi Activator Plug-in 3.5.2
January 13th, 2014: Today we released a new version of Troi Activator Plug-in, our plug-in for triggering scripts remotely from an other computer. Troi Activator Plug-in v3.5.2 is compatible and tested with FileMaker Pro 13. In this version we also added support for 64-bit architecture on Windows.
Troi Activator Plug-in 3.5.2 runs natively with FileMaker Pro 13 and FileMaker Pro Advanced 13, but also with FileMaker Pro 10, 11 and 12.
Troi Activator Plug-in 3.5.2 is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1. The Mac OS X version is a Universal plug-in which runs natively on Intel 32 and 64 bit Macs. On Windows there are now 2 plug-ins: Troi_Activator.fmx (for 32-bit) and Troi_Activator.fmx64 (for 64-bit). The latter is required for running the plug-in with Filemaker Server 13 and WebDirect.
You can download Troi Activator Plug-in 3.5.2 on the Troi Activator Plug-in download page.
Image Upload Server
|Troi Activator Plug-in can serve as an Image Upload Server. It can receive uploaded images including GPS coordinates. Troi Activator 3.x is designed to work in tandem with our new iPhone appQuickTrans, which can send the images to Troi Activator, which then triggers a script and can put the image into the database. With the GPS coordinates a location on a (Google) map can be shown. You can use this functionality to easily upload data from remote devices.
More details on the Image Upload Server page
Script triggering in FileMaker 10, 11, 12 and 13
Starting with FileMaker 10, script triggers are a native feature of the FileMaker product. However, Troi Activator Plug-in is still needed if you want to trigger scripts on a different computer. You can read a more detailed comparison between native script triggering and Troi Activator Plug-in here: Troi Activator Plug-in compared to the native script triggering functionality of FileMaker Pro 10.
What is new from version 3.5?
Troi Activator Plug-in 3.5 had these changes:
- Added compatibility with Windows 8.
- (Mac OS X) Completely rewrote the plug-in for 64 bit. The plug-in now runs as a 64-bit plug-in under Custom web publishing under FileMaker Pro 12.
- (Mac OS X) Rewrote the plug-in to prevent a crashing bug, which could occur when Troi Activator Plug-in was installed in 2 separate places.
- Fixed a problem where the plug-in would not correctly load when running as a server-side plug-in or as a web-side plug-in under FileMaker Server 12.
- Added two new functions, which can shutdown and restart the computer.
- The Actr_Sleep function now works on Mac and Windows. Also added a new switch “-sleepnow” to put the computer to sleep directly.
- The Image Upload Server can handle POST requests from a web form.
- (Mac OS X only) Extended the Upload Server functionality to be able to handle only text: you no longer need to include an image in your upload. Also fixed a problem where the plug-in could crash when the Image Upload Server functionality received unexpected formatted data.
- (Mac OS X) The Actr_GetIPAddress function can now return the IPv6 address and it now also works with a 64-bit architecture.
- Improved and updated the example files and updated the User Guide to reflect the new functionality.
Activator Plug-in can trigger silent events and background events. This allows you to keep the main application free, while the background FileMaker application, for example a runtime application, does some time consuming work on data.
Troi Activator has a control function to disable all script triggers, so you can do maintenance on the database.
Trigger Scripts on remote computers!
Troi Activator Plug-in is a very powerful tool for triggering scripts remotely. All from within FileMaker you can:
- trigger a FileMaker script on a different computer!
- trigger a FileMaker script over the Internet!
- use the built-in security to prevent unauthorized triggering
- send a number (e.g. a record ID) and a long text with the trigger
- start and stop listening for remote trigger messages with a script step
- communicate with databases in different FileMaker versions or even runtimes.
This allows you to:
- notify a colleague (on a different computer) of changes in his/her appointments
- start processing, like for example retrieve email on a server computer
- get someone out of a record, so that it is no longer locked.
The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.
Except from remote triggering you can also:
- trigger a script from a tooltip calculation!
- trigger a script on a specified date and time
- schedule events which trigger any script you want
- validate fields on exiting a record with a custom script suited to your specific needs
Try Troi Activator Plug-in before you buy
You are free and invited to test the plug-in before you pay. Troi Activator Plug-in is fully functional in demo mode, it will only stop working after 2 hours of testing. Licenses for Troi Activator Plug-in cost US$ 89 per user. For more detailed price information see theActivator Plug-in Details Page.