- Find parent and child records
- Filter and sort using complex criteria
- Create, edit and delete records on the server
And the code for these base functions is open source (MIT License) and available on GitHub for free:
Here is what fmxj lets you accomplish:
- Build complex queries and perform HTPP POSTs to your FileMaker Server.
- HTTP POSTS can be done directly to the FileMaker Server’s XML WPE or a simple PHP relay can be used to get around cross-domain issues and provide more authentication options.
The plus side is the speed with which this will work when interacting with FileMaker server. It will also keep the loads on the server much lighter than a similar solutions in WebDirect, allowing for more users.
Check it out, and give the demos a try. Interaction with the web will need to be part of the future for FileMaker, and this may be a large part of it.