TIM DIETRICH OF FILEMAKER ADDICT honored me by selecting me to be interviewed on his website. If you haven’t visited it before, FileMaker Addict is the go to place to learn more about people in the FileMaker community. Tim has been posting interviews for over 10 years. The most recent interviews (and this is a partial list) include the following people:
- James Wesolowski of Colibri Solutions, LLC
- Alexis Allen of Hyperspace Data Solutions
- Daniel Wood of Digital Fusion Ltd.
- Darren Burgess of MightyData
- Greg Lane of Skeleton Key
- Chiyoko Yoshida of FullCity Consulting
- Jeremy Bante of Gaia Herbs
- Todd Geist of geist interactive
- Martha Zink of Soliant Consulting
- Audrey Akhavan of FM Magic, Inc.
There is some fascinating reading at the link.
Here’s a sneak preview of my interview:
How did you get started with FileMaker?
I bought an Apple Computer store in 1989 in Albuquerque, NM. The previous owners were already using the current version of FileMaker to handle sales quotes. I immediately fell in love with it and started adding features. The databases were shared over Appletalk, which resulted in a lot of coffee cup waiting icons. I’ve been designing solutions for my businesses and others ever since.
Where do you work?
I am self employed as a FileMaker Developer and FileMaker Business Alliance member. My company is FM Database Consulting. I am also a partner in an internet marketing firm and business consulting firm calledAbq1.
And how do you use FileMaker there?
We use FileMaker for almost everything: invoicing, scheduling, project management, to-do lists, inventory, integration with web services, etc.
Follow the link below to read the rest.