If you deal with large datasets, you’ll want to listen to this podcast!
I listened yesterday (while biking) to the two Matt’s (Navarre and Petrowski) interview the Hammond brothers, of DB Services. DB Services is building a database with over 17 billion records in FileMaker! And it’s over 3 TB in size. Here are just some of the things you’ll learn:
- Best hardware setup to run this (hint: SSD drives)
- How long it takes to index that many records
- Problems they encountered along the way
- How fast FileMaker opens (and a trick or two to speed it up) with this many records
- How fast record sets are found
- and quite a bit more.
Look for Episode 109, if it doesn’t open to it with the link below.
Source: FileMaker Talk Podcast