A new video from Richard Carlton on FileMaker 16 new features:
Carlton’s choice for FileMaker 16 top 10 new features are in this short video released today:
If you don’t have time to watch, here’s the list of FileMaker 16 Top 10 New Features:
- FileMaker 16 still uses .fmp12 file format, no need to convert old files
- FileMaker 16 in Windows has been freed from the constrained window of old
- The layout object window – big news, as it lets you find any object on a layout no matter where it is buried or hidden
- PDF generation from FileMaker Server! Good news for WebDirect and Go users
- Card Style Windows – manages context better for client and Go
- Improved Data Viewer, with live interaction as you change your formula
- More uses for Variables, which can be targets for insert script steps and as source for external data source
- REST API connectivity – make your database interact with other services
- OAuth authorization from Google, Amazon Web Services, and Azure
- Improvements to FileMaker Go
- Improvements to Signature Handling
- Layout transitions and animations
- Improvements to iBeacon support
- GeoFence support
- AV player support
I bolded my favorites in the list. Which are yours?
Looking for more detailed info?
Check out Matt Petrowsky’s deeper dive (30 minutes long) into FileMaker 16 new features:
That’s all I have time for now, gotta get back to developing with FileMaker 16!