Build a FileMaker iOS APP SDK
Richard Carlton builds a FileMaker iOS APP during this presentation, and that alone make it worth watching (and studying) this video presentation from FileMaker DevCon 2016:
But you’ll also want to watch it to learn more about the do’s and don’t’s of building your own FileMaker iOS APP:
- Which databases can be access by the iOS APP
- How an FileMaker iOS APP is different than FileMaker Go apps
- How to handle the Documents folder and FileMaker source files
- When to replace the “.fmp12” files in the Documents folder
- Options for distributing your APP through the Apple Developer Enterprise Program, the VPP- B2B program, or the Apple App store.
- The pros and cons of distributing through the App Store
- Cover the responsibilities of database backups, restoration, and more
- Where to find FileMakers’ checklist for building an SDK App (hint: look here)
- Adding a new app to your Apple developer account
- Configuring the configuration text file, including adding security
- Adding artwork (including using makeappicon.com)
And a whole lot more. If you need to make a FileMaker iOS APP, spend a couple of hours with this video and the FM Checklist before you get started.
From CES 2017: Underwater ‘PowerRay’ Drone Can Help Find Your Dinner
This drone is PC Worlds choice of best drone at this year’s show. It has a 4K video camera and a fish finder, letting you check out a fish before you try to catch it. It has a 100′ or 200′ tether, and operates as deep at 98 feet (30 meters). I want one, of course.